forum.ireksoftware.com

Discussion board of IrekSoftware.com products.

NOTE: This forum is READ ONLY

All times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 9 posts ] 
AuthorMessage
 Post subject: Synchronization
Posted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 7:13 am 
Hello,

I like your program well since it is very user friendly. I cannot, however, make it work. I have tried synchronizing sub titles by using the avi player function. I have pressed the button "The correct line is playing now" (my translation from Swedish) both when the sub is appearing and, alternatively, when the comment is being spoken in the movie. I then have saved the new subfile and run the movie in the Windows Media Player. Neither methods give correct synchonization.

The movie is an xvid movie and the subfile is a joined CD1and CD2 sub file.

Can you help me?

Best regards

Bo Lindstrom

Post subject:
Posted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 7:20 am 
Site Admin

Hi there !
Well - please note that not all (almost 100% but not 100%) of subtitle files can be synchronized as simply as pointing 2 lines in synchronize option of Time Adjuster. In order to make such conversion time-line of subtitles in your movie and subtitle file you want to convert has to be similar. If due to some different reasons your movie is not compatible with subtitle (for example it contains an avertisement in the middle that changes the time-line - you will have to put a bit more work to synchronize it - or synchronization will be not possible at all (I mean easy synchronization).

It's just my guess - since you privded too less details about the problem.
Can you confirm that after synchronization at least those 2 pointed lines are correct... :?:

Regards,
Irek

Post subject:
Posted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 9:02 am 
Irek,

I have only joined to xvid files into one xvid file and two corresponding .sub files into one .sub file. No advertisements, nothing. The first "check-line" is perfectly synchronized but not the second.

Should you press the button in the avi.player option when the line is being spoken or when the sub title appears?

Best regards

Bo Lindstrom

Post subject:
Posted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 9:16 am 
Site Admin

If you want to synchronize and JOIN two subtitle files into one file follow those few steps:

1) Synchronize 2 subtitle files separately (do not join it in a first place!). First synchronize the first subtitle file and the load movie again, seek to the middle of movie and synchronize the second subtitle file.

2) You should finish first step with 2 subtitle files - first file should fit fine first 50% of move and the second file when loaded should fit fine second 50% of move.

3) Then join both subtitles.

You should press the button in player when subtitle line should appear (usually when the person starts to say the line).

Let me know if this works fine :)

Post subject:
Posted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 9:57 pm 
Irek,

The reason the synchronization didn´t work was that the joining dialog box didn´t show the last TPOS in the first clip. It showed the TPOS when the last sub title started to show, not when it finished. In TPOS numbers the difference was between 102545 and 102630. What happened was that in the joined file the "first" subtitle file ended with 102630 and the "second" started with 102545. Perhaps this is a bug in the program. Once you know about it, it is of course easily corrected manually.

Best regards

Bo Lindstrom

Post subject:
Posted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 12:57 am 
Hello, first scuse my poor english (frenchy) i'll try to use simple words, so try do be simple to please.

I'd like to know if i could sinchronize with more precision than the second. Can i do it with 1/10 of seconde ?

And thanks for that soft, it's easy to use ;)

Post subject:
Posted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 1:02 am 
scuse the double post.
My question, it's to move forward all sub..

Post subject:
Posted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 9:37 am 
Site Admin

Well...it depends on subtitle file format - if it's for example 00:00:00 time format - precision is limited to one second.
But you can convert this subtitle to for example {}{} frame format and then all synchronization / moving subtitles will have precision of one frame. Since most movies display from 20 do 30 frames a second you will be able to increase precision by this factor.

Tip :idea: - if you want to convert your time baded subtitle to frame format you should know the FPS (frames per second) value of movie. TA is capable of detecting it - just in "Convert subtitle" dialog of TA click on button "Load FPS from AVI" and open a movie - FPS value will be extracted and filled into required field in "Convert.." dialog
Let me know if it works fine :)
Best regards :!:
Irek

Post subject:
Posted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 7:08 pm 
Ok it's perfect now.

Thanks a lot for your help :wink:

[ 9 posts ]