forum.ireksoftware.com

Discussion board of IrekSoftware.com products.

NOTE: This forum is READ ONLY

All times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 7 posts ] 
AuthorMessage
 Post subject: word wrap
Posted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 6:01 pm 
Hi Irek,

Congratulations from France for TH that I'm evaluating ; I think I'll register :)

Just 2 questions : I mainly use TH for viewing all my emails in plain text(no html),

- is it a good way to avoid viruses ?

- is it possible to configure a word wrap option, because, in plain text mode, I have to scroll much to the right to read every mail ?

Many thanks
Best Regards
JP

Post subject: Re: word wrap
Posted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 6:21 pm 
Site Admin

jpa wrote:
Hi Irek,
Just 2 questions : I mainly use TH for viewing all my emails in plain text(no html),

- is it a good way to avoid viruses ?

- is it possible to configure a word wrap option, because, in plain text mode, I have to scroll much to the right to read every mail ?

Hi there :)
Nice to hear that you like TH :)

Well - TH is rather secure application also in HTML mode (for sure it's such more secure than MS Outlook). Especialy if you turn on blocking referectes to internet server (in HTML messages).
But you're right to use Plain text for maximum security. It's a good way to avoid viruses.

About wraping:
I have added it to my to do list and I should do something about it in close future. Right now when you have a message with a long lines and you have to scroll a lot - I recommend to right click on the text and select "show source" item from a context menu.
This will run a Windows notepad with a plain text of message (and notepad has an option to wrap text). I know that this solution is far from beign perfect but I think it could be more comfortable than scrolling view many times :roll:

Very best regards!
Irek

Post subject:
Posted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 10:47 pm 
Irek,

Many Thx for your reply !

Word wrapping would be a great feature, but anyway, the notepad solution is also a way to proceed :)

I would like to ask a last question... We have, in french, some special characters like é,à,ç,à, and some other ; I had some trouble getting the right ones, both in plain text and html modes, trying different page codes. I could finally get rather good results with UTF-7, but UTF-8 and Iso-Latin could not work.

My question is UTF-7 is coded with 128 signs, and very special characters like € (euro, our european money) is not correctly displayed in TH ; did I do something wrong with my page code choice ?

Many thanks
JPA

Post subject:
Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 5:42 pm 
Hi Irek,

No solution for me ? :wink:

Best regards

Post subject:
Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:51 pm 
Site Admin

Anonymous wrote:
Hi Irek,

No solution for me ? :wink:

Best regards

I have a good news. TH 4.1 is scheduled to be released in next week. Then I will start to implement new e-mail composer. It will use the same component to create HTML mail messages as MS Outlook does.
So this component is should solve all problems described by you.

I plan to release TH 4.2 in a 5/6 weeks. So I would like to ask for patience. It will be fixed for sure. Right now I can only suggest to try copy truble making text to clipboard and then pase it to TH and click on preview button. If characters are wrong - then paste as RTF (Shift + Ctrl + V) - in some ocassions it should help.

Sorry for your incovenience and best regards!
Irek

Post subject:
Posted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 6:26 am 
That's good news, many thx for your reply Irek :)

TH is the best email notifier to me, I tried many of them ; adding word wrapping and special characters ability, would make it perfect ; keep on the good work.

Best Regards
JPA

Post subject:
Posted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 5:41 pm 
Site Admin

I have just implemented another view type:
Plain text with word wrap - it will be present in TH 4.2 (should be available in 3 weeks) - if you really need this feature mail me: I can send you a pre-release version.

Berst regards!
Irek

[ 7 posts ]