forum.ireksoftware.com

Discussion board of IrekSoftware.com products.

NOTE: This forum is READ ONLY

All times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 12 posts ] 
AuthorMessage
 Post subject: Forwarding to my mobile
Posted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 1:59 pm 
Hello all, and thx for this software.

How can I activate the mobile forwarder? I setup everything but I still not receving email on my mobile? I tested my mobile email address, and it is working fine.
Can you help me on this?

JLC

Post subject:
Posted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 8:43 pm 
Site Admin

Could you enter as an address of mobile device your ordinary e-mail address? Check if now you're able to receive messages at mailbox.

Also could you confirm that TH displays a confirmation dialog before trying to forward message to mobile device ?
For debugging - please go to Configuration tab of Tray Helper / Common settings / Mobile devices / Additional settings and make sure to enable last (third) option and have first two cleared.

The last thing:
TH forwards every message only ONCE to mobile device (it's a fail safe mechanism that prevents for sending the same messages once again to mobile device when TH is for example restarted). For testing please delete file from HTML_FILES subdirectory of Tray Helper:
mobile_device_(default)_forwarding.log (for default mobile device)
The check the e-mail account again with Tray Helper and check if TH tries to forward message to m. d.

Let me know if you were able to make it work.
Best regards and thanks for using Tray Helper!
Irek

Post subject:
Posted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 11:28 am 

Quote:
Could you enter as an address of mobile device your ordinary e-mail address? Check if now you're able to receive messages at mailbox.
I did this, but no, nothing was sent.

Quote:
Also could you confirm that TH displays a confirmation dialog before trying to forward message to mobile device ?
For debugging - please go to Configuration tab of Tray Helper / Common settings / Mobile devices / Additional settings and make sure to enable last (third) option and have first two cleared.
No, no messages are displayed.

Quote:
TH forwards every message only ONCE to mobile device (it's a fail safe mechanism that prevents for sending the same messages once again to mobile device when TH is for example restarted). For testing please delete file from HTML_FILES subdirectory of Tray Helper:
mobile_device_(default)_forwarding.log (for default mobile device)
The check the e-mail account again with Tray Helper and check if TH tries to forward message to m. d.
No, there is no forwarding.log file in this folder, so apparently it didn't try to forward anything.

The way I setup the forwarding is:
First line: mobile address email (working for sure)
2 line: empty (I tryied 0)
3 line: the "source" email address from where I want the email to be forwarded
4 line: my provider SMTP to send out email (the same I use in the email configuration).

What I am doing wrong?

Thanks for your help.
JLC

Posted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 6:47 pm 

Hello.
So I installed the Pinger plugin, and tryed the mobile forwarding, and it works perfectly.
But the email forwarding still not working :-(.
This is mainly why I would like to use TH (hummm, now that I started to look arround TH, there is more things that I like:-)).

Please help.
JLC

Post subject:
Posted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 8:20 pm 
Site Admin

Hi :)
After your description it seems to me that there could be something wrong with defining a mail filter. Could you right click on message that is soppoused to triger forwarding message to mobile device and select "Show mail filters that matches this message".
Please confim that your "forward" mail filter is present on this list.
Best regards!
Irek

Post subject:
Posted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 10:08 pm 

Thx. Apparently the test I did work. But maybe I didn't understand how the forwarding works, so this is what I was expecting: I want all email from the email address line 3 (what I call source email address) to be forwarded to the mobile email address. Is this the way it is supposed to work? Because to me it look like more that it forward email coming from some specifics sender?

Thanks again.
JLC

Post subject:
Posted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 10:17 pm 
Well I must admit I'm not in 100% sure if I understand you correctly... :roll:
What do you mean by:
JLC wrote:
I want all email from the email address line 3 (what I call source email address)

Could you give me an example :idea: of an e-mail and filter you set up?
Best regards !
Irek

Post subject:
Posted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 10:52 pm 

for exemple I want all email sent to my work email address forwarded to my mobile. this is why I put my work email address in the line 3 of the screen "Detail of your mobile device", thinking that email arriving at this address would automaticaly go to my mobile email address.

Does it make sense?

JLC

Post subject:
Posted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 9:35 am 
Site Admin

JLC wrote:
for exemple I want all email sent to my work email address forwarded to my mobile. this is why I put my work email address in the line 3 of the screen "Detail of your mobile device", thinking that email arriving at this address would automaticaly go to my mobile email address.

Does it make sense?

JLC

Well it's possible to do that but in a different way.
Fisrt of all the e-mail you enter in 3'rd line of details of mobile device it's an e-mail that is used to send messages to mobile device - when you recieve a message at cell phone you will be see this e-mail as a sender.

If you want TH to relay all messages that you recieve at mailbox (fe. JLC@server.com) - you should set up and filter that looks for your e-mail (JLC@server.com) in a header of e-mail message.

So mail filer should looks like:

String: JLC@server.com
Case sensitive: no
Matching: header
Action: forward message

It should work fine since when someones sends any message at your e-mail (JLC@server.com) your e-mail address is always present in a headr of message.

Let me know if now it works fine :)
Thanks and best regards !
Irek

Post subject: great, it worksss
Posted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 11:26 am 

Thanks a gain. Now the only thing I still have to do is to register TH:-)

CYA.
JLC

Post subject:
Posted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 12:58 pm 
Site Admin

Heheh :)
I would be quite grateful 8)
Let me know if I can provide any further asistance!
Best regards,
Irek

Post subject:
Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 6:38 pm 

Done, thanks to you.

And for all of you who have not yet registered your version, please do so ASAP, so we will continue to have great product like Tray Helper.

CYAll.
JLC

[ 12 posts ]